Aranami __ (jap).- (n) stormy seas, raging waves
Color and pattern of this shawl reminded me of a winter ocean with foamy
raging waves on the surface. Poor weather and dark skies reflecting in
the ocean add to the color and make the line of the horizon intermixed
with various shades of grey.
Gauge: One motif measures approx 3″ tall and 6.7″ wide (blocked).
Finished Measurements: (blocked) Depth 14″ / Wingspan 67″
Materials Used: any other fingering
weight wool in colors.
5 color shawl requires the following yardage.
- A: 6g or 33yds – total 3 motifs
- B: 14g or 77yds – total 7 motifs
- C: 22g or 121yds – total 11 motifs
- D: 30g or 165yds – total 15 motifs
- E: 38g or 209yds – total 19 motifs (9 regular +10 end motifs)
Needle Size: US 2 (2.75 mm) circular, 36″ or longer
Pattern Includes: written step by step instructions, color schematic, customization possibilities.
Skill Level: Beginner Intermediate