The beekeeper’s quilt is made up of stuffed honeycomb shaped pockets. It is made of scrap sock wool & doesn’t have to be lined because it’s puffy & double sided! The honeycombs are fun to make because they’re smushy, cute & feel like a little finished project all by themselves.
- scrap sock yarn, a 50g ball (approx. 174 yards) makes about 12 honeycombs
- US 4 (3.5mm) double pointed needles
- Size F crochet hook
- scrap DK for quilt ties and polyfil
24sts and 34 rows = 4×4″
Each honeycomb measures approx. 3″ in diameter from point to point.
- For a 2×2 foot pram quilt you’ll need 102 honeycombs
- For 2×3 foot quilt you’ll need 167 honeycombs
- For a 3×4 foot quilt you’ll need 384 honeycombs